Yeast is a fungus that normally lives in the vagina in a small amount. Many yeast cells are growing in the vagina called a vaginal yeast infection. What is the best medicine for yeast infection? These infections are very common and treatment is simple.
Yeast infection caused by antibiotics:
The normal treatment of yeast infections is by inserting medicines in the affected areas, which means that creams are applied to the vaginal areas. Yeast infection and antibiotics used to cure and the treatment methods used are anti-fungal medications. Many of them prefer home remedies for these infections because the methods are more natural. Treating yeast infection is possible in two ways,
- Antifungal medication
- Home Remedies
Yeast infection medicine includes antifungal creams that can be placed in the vagina and allowed to dissolve. Yeast infection may be treated with antifungal pills that are applied in and around the vagina or antifungal medications taken by mouth. A very effective antifungal yeast infection medicine is fluconazole which acts as an antibiotic and it will be used to treat fungal infections. Other than using this yeast infection medicine, you can prefer some natural home remedies to cure the infection.
Home remedies for the yeast infections and antibiotics are also available. Home remedies will offer relief in minor cases of the infection.
- Cranberry juice:
Cranberries can treat and prevent yeast infections. Cranberries are especially useful if you think you might be coming down with a yeast infection.
Eat yogurt or apply it to the vaginal area. Yogurt contains live cultures of bacteria that help restore the level of healthy bacteria in the vagina.
- Sugar and Caffeine:
Reduce your intake of sugar and caffeine. The sugar in chocolate, candy and fruit juice can cause blood sugar and this will promote the growth of yeast.
If you practice good hygiene, you can help prevent infection.
- Keep your vaginal area clean and use mild soap.
- Avoid tight fitting clothing. This may increase body heat and moisture in your genital area.
- Change out of a wet swimsuit right away. Wearing a wet swimsuit for many hours will keep your genital area warm and moist.
- Change your pads often.
- Don’t use deodorant or sprays. These will change the normal balance of organisms in your vagina.
Cause of yeast infections:
This is caused by an overgrowth of yeast organisms and things that may encourage an excess growth of vaginal yeast.
- Using antibiotics
- Having diabetes and your blood sugars are not well controlled and tend to be high.
- Having an impaired immune system. The immune systems will help to fight infections. An impaired immune system does not work properly against infection.
- Being overweight also infection will be affected.
Preventing yeast infections would require effective and healthy tips in order to achieve it. These tips can help anybody to get rid of the causes of these infections. If you want to have a final and lasting solution then know the root cause and do not take antibiotic for yeast infections.